We are looking for a Database Developer with a diverse background in data integration to join our client`s Data Management team. We’re looking for individuals who can fix and solve any data problems. Some data is small, some data is very large (1 trillion+), some data is structured, some data is not. The data comes in all kinds of sizes and shapes, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Vertica, MongoDB, HIVE to name a few. Data could reside on physical, could reside on VM or even on the cloud. You will be responsible for collaborating with web developers, mobile developers, data scientists and business intelligence teams to design and develop custom data solutions. This position is not for you if you are looking for direct instructions or supervision. We are looking for an individual who can solve any problems on their own, make their own decisions and make a direct impact on business. You’ll be working with a great group of technologists interested in finding the right database to use, the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you’re ready to step up and take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, this is a unique opportunity for you.
- Design, develop and support multiple data projects in traditional relational databases such as Oracle, MSSQL and PostgreSQL as well as non-traditional databases such as Vertica and Hive.
- Analyze business requirements, design and implement required data model and ETL processes on your own.
- Participate in data architecture and engineering decision making/planning.
- Translate complex technical subjects into terms that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 8+ years of experience with traditional database development on Oracle/MSSQL/PostgreSQL.
- 2+ years of experience with databases other than Oracle/MSSQL/MySQL, such as Vertica, MongoDB or HDFS/HIVE.
- Programming skills in either Java or Python.
- Experience in shell scripting languages such as Bash or Bourne.
- Understanding of Ad tech stack and data (Ad Servers, DSM, Programmatic, DMP, etc).
- Strong communication and documentation skill is absolutely required for this role as you will be working directly with both IT and non-technical groups.
- Good English knowledge.
- Comfortable with 4 hours overlap with US EST working hours.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Experience with the ETL tools such as Pentaho or Talend.
- Web analytics or Business Intelligence a plus, but not required.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses.
- Learning & Development opportunities – Pluralsight access, trainings and certifications.
- Private health insurance.
- Unlimited remote working options.
- Awesome team and great work environment.
- Office in old part of the town – don’t worry, there is parking for everyone!
- In-office refreshments: soft drinks, coffee, tea.
- Team initiatives – team buildings, charity activities & more.