As a Software Engineer, you will solve customer problems and ship clean, maintainable code. In addition to shared backend services and front-end interfaces, you’ll contribute to common libraries, mentor and pair with other developers, and strive to make software development process more efficient. You’ll focus on the full depth of software stack, while also growing your technical breadth. See more about the project:
- We mostly run Ruby on Rails, and have brought in technologies like Elixir, Node, and Rust.
- We’re open to using the right technologies for what we build.
- We iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day.
- We’re running an entirely dockerized deployment system, and we’re always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
- We work in small, distributed teams with product managers and designers and help shape the products we build.
- We have a strong tradition of supporting open-source software resque_scheduler, robut, resque_unit, and JSON API client were all extracted from our codebase, and we’ve contributed patches back to Rails.
- You bring 3+ years of experience developing web applications in Ruby/Rails.
- You are excited to continue working with Ruby/Rails.
- You have strong development principles, including experience with testing and TDD, object-oriented design, and higher-level system design.
- You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features.
- You have a passion for quality. You take pride in keeping your bug count low and your code quality high.
- You have worked directly with non-devs (designers, PMs, user researchers, etc.) to ship great products.
- You believe in the value of mentorship, and in a teaching and learning culture.
- You want to grow, and you’re constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
- You have experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- You have strong English communication skills within a professional, development context (understanding technical requirements, documentation, communicating with a global team).
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience developing web applications in Elixir/Phoenix, Django, Node or a similar MVC development framework.
- Contributed to or maintained open-source projects (Send us your GitHub profile!).
- Experience transforming large Rails apps into a service-oriented or microservice architecture.
- Strong focus on the people who use your software, even when it makes things harder.
- Experience working closely with a team in problem solving, resolving ambiguities, etc.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses.
- Learning & Development opportunities – Pluralsight access, trainings and certifications.
- Private health insurance.
- Unlimited remote working options.
- Awesome team and great work environment.
- Office in old part of the town – don’t worry, there is parking for everyone!
- In-office refreshments: soft drinks, coffee, tea.
- Team initiatives – team buildings, charity activities & more.